So yesterday was Friday. If you don't know Joe is currently working 1:30pm to 11:00pm so I try to make plans so I just don't sit home alone all night. Everything was going good. I did some cleaning, took a nap, and actually made some plans with my great friend Becca to do pizza and a movie, because I was so hungry for anything really, but pizza sounded so good! So Becca came over and we were talking about whether or not we wanted to order a pizza or go to this place I liked and pick one up. So we went to the place I like it's called Farclones (I think it's just because I'm pregnant and so everyone seems to give in to me and my wants of food) :).
So we hopped in her car because Joe had ours at work with him and headed just about 3ish miles up the road to go get pizza. So we placed an order there and was walking around killing time till it was ready. When it was ready we were so excited and it looked so yummy! So we got back in her car for the short drive home. About 4 or 5 blocks from my apartment we were on Air Depot Blvd. (which is the street I live on) it has 4 traffic lanes across. There is this gas station called On Q where people always try to get out the side entrance and right into traffic (which is usually pretty heavy) so the farthest right lane was packed and this big truck left room for this guy's car to pull out so he could make it into the street. The only problem with that is that we couldn't see past this big truck and neither could this car, so he pulled right out in front of us. So we t-boned him at probably 35 or 40 miles per hour.
So the air bags went off and the guy pulled back into the gas station parking lot. We didn't know what to do and figured there was still another lane of traffic so we didn't move. I called 911 and a lady coming out of the gas station parking lot sad that she had called too. Our pizza sauce was looking like blood, because Becca had split her lip on the air bag and we thought she bled on the pizza, but she didn't. So then the horn goes hay wire and it's just blowing on it's own. We really don't know what to do then. So we just waiting for the cops to show up. They had up pull into a parking lot across the street from the gas station. So at that point I had already called Joe because we didn't have a car and I didn't know what to do about the baby.
So I called the after hours number to see if I should go to the ER or not. So they told me I should go in, so I was just waiting for the cops to finish what they were doing. So Joe being awesome asked the cop if he needed anything else because he was taking me in to get checked out because I was pregnant. So at that point we were good and left Becca with the cops to hopefully call another friend for a ride because her husband is deployed. :(
So we got to the ER around 6:30ish pm. We were in the waiting room for 2 hours before we were even taken to a room. Which was so boring! The TV had the Disney Channel on and they had to take a guy out with a cop because he wanted some kind of prescription drugs and was causing problems like swearing at a nurse. So that was scary. It also sucked that they took like a dozen people before us. So we finally got in and it was slow. They found the baby's heart beat right away. Then we had to wait for the doctor to talk to us and then we had to wait for the ultra sound tech to come in. Which during the ultra sound the baby was all over the place. The baby looked like it had hick-ups it was so cute! So we finally got out the hospital at 11:45pm.
We went home a tried to reheat the crazy pizza from the accident and it didn't taste very good. I was so hungry and just ate cereal.
So yeah that was my Friday. I'm a little sore, but I'll manage, just happy the baby is alright. :)
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
So Zoey's car seat has decided to become more and more a problem to me. Not only is Zoey around 20 pounds, but the handle broke so now ...
-
So on this Tuesday it started like any other Tuesday. I woke up showered made Joe lunch when he come home for his hour break and then went a...
-
When I hear the term broken heart I get this image of a teen aged girl who just had some loser dump her after just a few weeks of dating. T...
-
So I tried calorie counting for a day and to be honest I don't know if I could keep that up. Though simply writing down everything I at...
-
So I have a question. My husband only has like 10 months left of his enlistment. We are gonna try again for another baby (we just lost one i...
-
So I doubt anyone besides Kate (who might be my only reader left, haha) actually knows we are having a baby in April. May of you also might...
-
So wow it's been 5 months since I've last been here. Doesn't seem like I have been missed. David has gotten crazier than ever ...
-
So on April 9th I gave birth to my second baby! Zoey Marie Roberts was born at 4:15pm and came in at 8 pounds 11 ounces and 20 inches long....
-
So I must start off by saying I'm really impressed by how little I gained this pregnancy. I was told to say around 20, but did hit 26, ...
-
So really I just need something to do to distract me till Joe calls me back for the last time tonight before he goes to bed. I can honestly...


Phew! I'm glad the baby is all right! You scared me with the blog title! Don't DO that! I am glad you're okay too! I know you must've been freaking out. Good thing it wasn't your car though I guess. So can you feel the baby move around yet?
ReplyDelete