my fit pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, April 19, 2013

Baby number 2!

So on April 9th I gave birth to my second baby!  Zoey Marie Roberts was born at 4:15pm and came in at 8 pounds 11 ounces and 20 inches long.  We decided to do an early induction this time around mostly for the convenience of having people lined up to help with David. 
The induction actually started on the 8th.  My doctor told me to be there at 8 so that I could be all set up with cervadil by 9.  Well the problem with that is people don't usually show up till 9 and no one told them I was coming in early.  So Joe and I watched tv in the waiting room for about a half hour before we got into the room.  Then they still didn't get me ready on the cervadil till 9:30. 
So cervadil wasn't a bad deal.  It's just like a long piece of paper with medicine on it.  I just had to sit still in bed for 2 hours but after that I could get up and go to the bathroom or even eat.  I got a bowl of cereal after the 2 hour mark and lots of crackers. :)
So I didn't sleep super that night.  I guess between nerves and hoping David was ok kind of got the best of me.  They started my pitocin and IV at 6:05am.  Then it was just waiting till the doctor to come at 8:05am to break my water.  I guess my cervix was in an odd shot because everyone checking me had issues finding it and there was a little struggle with breaking the water.  Grand! 
So I suffered through contractions as long as I could, but 11:20 I got mine.  At the time I was about a 4 or a 5.  The guy who did it was very sweet, but man did it hurt a lot to get it!  I'm not sure why I think just the placement was off and he had to fish around a little.  :S  But once I got it it was very nice.  The only problem with it was that after I got it they laid me on my left side which caused my right leg to become so numb I couldn't move it at all.  Which was a little funny.
So after that point it was pretty easy sailing.  We just sat and watched tv and I think took a nap as well.  I kept tabs on David as well since he stayed with my visiting teacher Lena Monday night then my friend Amy during the day Tuesday and then spent the night at home with my friend Kara and then stayed with her till we were discharged.
So after a few pushes about 3:30 or so I was ready to wait for the doctor to come and deliver Zoey.  The one plus this time I didn't feel the pressure so I wasn't miserable the whole time till the doctor showed.  I felt slight pressure on big contractions, which didn't seem to be to many.  So about 5 or 6 pushes after the doctor showed little Zoey was born!
The only problem she had was her respiratory rate was at 80 when it should have been around 60.  So they put her on oxygen for about 10 minutes. Then I couldn't nurse her for 30 minutes after that because I guess it's bad to add anything to them when they are breathing fast.  But after the 30 minutes she was fine. 



Nursing has been fine, but I forgot how often it is when they are first born.  Yikes!  So we got to leave about 4:30pm the next day because Zoey had to stay for 24 hours at least.  But we were excited to go home!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for our little Roberts Family + 1 = Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds so complicated! But if all the drugs and needles made you more comfortable, good for you, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

background