my fit pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, April 19, 2013

Zoey goes to the Hospital

So to not make the first Zoey blog to long I decided to make this a second one.  So we came home about 4:45pm on the 10th of April.  We all had a good bill of health and everything was going well.  Well fast forward to about 4 or so on the 11th.  Zoey is acting hungry but won't eat.  She just wouldn't latch and kept freaking out and crying.  So I touch her head and feel like she's hot.  So we have one of those forehead thermometers and it was reading about 100.7 so I get one that goes under the arm and it's reading about 100.9 so I call her doctor's office.  They had me do a rectal on her and it read 101.7 twice. 
So they get the doctor on the phone right away and he tells me to take her to OU children's hospital.  So we get there about 5:30 and check her temp which has gone down to under 100, but they weren't taking any chances.  They do countless blood tests and did a spinal on her.  Which luckily they gave me the chance to step out so I didn't have to watch it.  Shortly after coming back to her after the spinal they set her up with and IV and tell us for sure we are staying the next few nights if not more.  I kind of freaked out. 
Oh just to back tract while I had stepped my friend Joan from church had called about meals and what not.  And I told her what was going on.  She called my visiting teacher Lena to get David so Joe could come to the hospital to be with me.  So Joe got there about 8 and I felt a lot better having him there.  We got a room about 8:30 where they put wires and stuff to monitor a few things. 
Joe went home for the night since there wasn't really anywhere but the floor for Joe to sleep.  Zoey didn't like the crib so I didn't really get to sleep till about 6 in the morning which is close to when the doctors come to start their rounds.  So after that point we just slept together in the chair till we came home.  Then we've been sleeping that way since. 
Long story short all her tests came back fine.  They all seemed worried about her eating and pee and poo out put but for breastfeeding the doctor didn't seem to concerned, though she did have fluids her whole hospital stay.
So we got to come home on Saturday after 4pm.  We have been so happy to be home and David has been kind of hard to adjust, but I think because of how much he got bounced around had something to do with it.  But the last few days have been great.
Zoey saw her normal doctor on Monday and she was already over her birth weight and they said she gained and inch.  So now we are all happy and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

background