Tuesday, May 15, 2012
What's going on in my mind.
So I have a question. My husband only has like 10 months left of his enlistment. We are gonna try again for another baby (we just lost one in april) so my question is if we ended up getting pregnant and he gets out what are our options? Like do we get medicaid or something like that? The real plan is to try one last time and then just hold off till he gets employment after. But I guess what if we got pregnant after the initial idea. The plan is for him to get out and us to go back home. Am I crazy for even thinking about another baby right now? Some people seem to make me feel so. :/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
So Zoey's car seat has decided to become more and more a problem to me. Not only is Zoey around 20 pounds, but the handle broke so now ...
-
So on this Tuesday it started like any other Tuesday. I woke up showered made Joe lunch when he come home for his hour break and then went a...
-
When I hear the term broken heart I get this image of a teen aged girl who just had some loser dump her after just a few weeks of dating. T...
-
So I tried calorie counting for a day and to be honest I don't know if I could keep that up. Though simply writing down everything I at...
-
So I have a question. My husband only has like 10 months left of his enlistment. We are gonna try again for another baby (we just lost one i...
-
So I doubt anyone besides Kate (who might be my only reader left, haha) actually knows we are having a baby in April. May of you also might...
-
So wow it's been 5 months since I've last been here. Doesn't seem like I have been missed. David has gotten crazier than ever ...
-
So on April 9th I gave birth to my second baby! Zoey Marie Roberts was born at 4:15pm and came in at 8 pounds 11 ounces and 20 inches long....
-
So I must start off by saying I'm really impressed by how little I gained this pregnancy. I was told to say around 20, but did hit 26, ...
-
So really I just need something to do to distract me till Joe calls me back for the last time tonight before he goes to bed. I can honestly...


You might want to find out if his insurance will cover past his release date. Don't know if they will, but it's worth asking. And since you'll both be unemployed, yes, you could apply for Medicaid, which would cover any remaining costs. Also, with Medicaid it can be applied retroactively (meaning you don't have to be on it when you deliver and can apply for it afterwards). I don't think you're crazy. It will be a lot of change at once, sure, which is why I may think it's crazy, but you and Joe will do what YOU think is best for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteThe Navy might cover for a small amount of time after you get out- 6 months or something like that? Either way, you should qualify for medicaid if you guys are underemployed or make under a certain amount, I think. And look at it this way- you've been paying into medicaid the entire time he's been in the Navy- so you've essentially already paid for it if you use it! :) I don't think its crazy to want another baby! You love kids so much and you're a great mom, it just makes sense you want to expand the family! :)
ReplyDeleteIf Joe signs up as a reservest then you can get Tricare Select Reserve. That is what we have now and I am having a baby on it.
ReplyDeletemedicaid is the best thing ever. they paid for almost all the expenses for carter. there were some things that they wouldn't pay for but we didn't pay much at all. it was really nice. you do have to be making so much to qualify though. but if joe is still looking for work you would probably qualify. also you should look into getting wic. they pay for some of the food for you and the baby. which is also really really nice. ha ! i told tyler that i want to have another one. he thinks just carter is kind of a handful. but by the time you actually have another baby he would be over 2 years old. I think a lot of people have there kids in that time. the point is i don't think it's crazy it all. we've talked about maybe trying in the fall after we move to price.
ReplyDeleteWe are on WIC now. I feel like all the military pretty much qualifies for it.
DeleteI don't think you're crazy, but I think you'd be setting yourselves up for a really hard time. No time is ever perfect, I guess, but since you KNOW you'll both be unemployed in 10 months it seems like the worst ever. I would wait until you move back home and get in a secure place first.
ReplyDelete