http://www.modgblog.com/2011/08/04/10-things-about-boob-feeding-that-only-im-going-to-tell-you-you-my-friend-are-welcome/
The above link is a very funny way to look at nursing.
So with people either pregnant with their first or working on the second I know a lot of babies/toddlers these days. I guess with the idea of becoming pregnant again there is always the thought of all those kind of odd things that happen to you when you were pregnant that you didn't truly hear about till you went through them yourselves. So I'm just going to list as many things as I can remember about each category (one for pregnancy and one for nursing). If there is anything funny that you went through and I didn't list please feel free to comment bellow.
So with pregnancy you have:
-I didn't know if I didn't eat like all the time when I finally did eat I'd throw up! Yay!
-I didn't know my body would start to look like part monkey with all the extra hair looming around.
-I couldn't believe how tired I would get from doing nothing! I'd sleep like 12 hours a day!
-I know people joke around about peeing all the time but your really do pee all the time!
-I couldn't believe how some of the stupidest things would make my cry either from happiness or sadness.
-I go stretch marks really early and they weren't even on y stomach. I didn't know you would get them anywhere else. :(
-Your hair becomes super pretty with all the hormones another plus in my book.
-By the end you don't sleep. You lay down and your belly goes crazy like it's an after hours party.
-I didn't even want to be touches I was just tired and sick feeling a lot! Uh I didn't know that would happen since people often talk about the reverse affect. They just loved people touching their bellies. Seriously some peoples hugs freaked me out. I guess maybe it was a protective thing?
-At the end all you can do is eat like a bird. I'd go out to eat and eat like 5 bites and I could either keep going and get sick or just sit there and stare at my food. I stared at my food a lot. lol
-I could not drink soda while pregnant. All those little bubbles would hurt my tummy for like hours after and it just wasn't worth it. It sucked because then I wanted it more than anything and it just didn't work.
-So I didn't know you kind of hang out in your maternity clothes for awhile after. I guess I thought you had your baby and bam your back in normal clothes even though I knew it wouldn't be the same size. So not true!
So I think that's all the really odd stuff I can think about pregnancy.
With nursing there was:
-That no matter how many clothes you were wearing if you didn't have that nursing pad in place you were screwed!
-You read in all the books about how nursing only hurts if there is something wrong with latch! That's a lie! Until your body gets used to it it hurts like someone dragging razor sharp glass down your nipples.
-When the baby comes out your tummy looks like a deflated balloon.
-Your baby will want to eat constantly till your milk comes in. Well that was a real treat since mine didn't come in till like day 5 after David was born.
-You really get no sleep. Many nights David and I sleep in an arm chair in the living room since that seemed to be the only way to get any. Joe and I took 3 hour shifts for a long time just so we knew we were at least getting some sleep.
-You kind of go a little crazy after. You thought those pregnancy hormones were bad the post pregnancy are worse! I remember many times just breaking down and Joe having to take David and making me go lay down.
-I became an even bigger worrier after I had David. I know that's not nursing related but I am always in a heightened state of attention it feels like.
Well that's all I can think of. Not sure why I wanted to share but I did anyways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
So Zoey's car seat has decided to become more and more a problem to me. Not only is Zoey around 20 pounds, but the handle broke so now ...
-
So on this Tuesday it started like any other Tuesday. I woke up showered made Joe lunch when he come home for his hour break and then went a...
-
When I hear the term broken heart I get this image of a teen aged girl who just had some loser dump her after just a few weeks of dating. T...
-
So I tried calorie counting for a day and to be honest I don't know if I could keep that up. Though simply writing down everything I at...
-
So I have a question. My husband only has like 10 months left of his enlistment. We are gonna try again for another baby (we just lost one i...
-
So I doubt anyone besides Kate (who might be my only reader left, haha) actually knows we are having a baby in April. May of you also might...
-
So wow it's been 5 months since I've last been here. Doesn't seem like I have been missed. David has gotten crazier than ever ...
-
So on April 9th I gave birth to my second baby! Zoey Marie Roberts was born at 4:15pm and came in at 8 pounds 11 ounces and 20 inches long....
-
So I must start off by saying I'm really impressed by how little I gained this pregnancy. I was told to say around 20, but did hit 26, ...
-
So really I just need something to do to distract me till Joe calls me back for the last time tonight before he goes to bed. I can honestly...


That article to linked to was funny! Loved it. I loved the deflated balloon comment! SO true. It's gross and weird. And right after the girls were born I cried... a lot. Hormones are doubly worse then! Wowzers! One thing I didn't know about breastfeeding was that if you didn't feed a baby with them for a several hours your boobs hurt really really really bad! I thought engorgment was only in the beginning when you were learning.
ReplyDelete