Sunday, April 22, 2012
To wean or not to wean that is the question
So David is right about 15 and a half months and still breastfeeding. Though some days are going really well others are not. I feel like if only I could get through his last set of teeth (his molars since he already got his canines) then it would be good for both of us since he's a horrible teether and I know I bring him a lot of comfort. But man between pinching, scratching, biting, talking, distractions, and squirming my poor body doesn't know how much more I can take. I feel like a punching bag some days and I just wish there was an easier way to wean sometimes since I know it's going to be a battle of wits when it comes down to it. That's another thing that makes me sad about the baby loss I though since all the changes of milk and what not happen with pregnancy he'd wean himself. No such luck for me. I guess I'll figure something out before my nipples are torn off by a toddler trying to stand while nursing! Yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
So Zoey's car seat has decided to become more and more a problem to me. Not only is Zoey around 20 pounds, but the handle broke so now ...
-
So on this Tuesday it started like any other Tuesday. I woke up showered made Joe lunch when he come home for his hour break and then went a...
-
When I hear the term broken heart I get this image of a teen aged girl who just had some loser dump her after just a few weeks of dating. T...
-
So I tried calorie counting for a day and to be honest I don't know if I could keep that up. Though simply writing down everything I at...
-
So I have a question. My husband only has like 10 months left of his enlistment. We are gonna try again for another baby (we just lost one i...
-
So I doubt anyone besides Kate (who might be my only reader left, haha) actually knows we are having a baby in April. May of you also might...
-
So wow it's been 5 months since I've last been here. Doesn't seem like I have been missed. David has gotten crazier than ever ...
-
So on April 9th I gave birth to my second baby! Zoey Marie Roberts was born at 4:15pm and came in at 8 pounds 11 ounces and 20 inches long....
-
So I must start off by saying I'm really impressed by how little I gained this pregnancy. I was told to say around 20, but did hit 26, ...
-
So really I just need something to do to distract me till Joe calls me back for the last time tonight before he goes to bed. I can honestly...


LOL! It definitely gets harder as they get bigger, and you pretty much have a baby that size of a two-year old! Good luck! Maybe get a book about weaning? Or talk so some friends who nursed toddlers? But, I think you have a good plan of just waiting until those last teeth come in. But, it's hard... Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI don't have any advice about weaning, since I don't personally have any experience or anything, but there is lots of information online! I won't give any advice 'cause who wants parenting advice from someone who doesn't have any kids, lol, but baby center has a lot of great resources and a lot of the mommies on my birth board have little ones they are weaning in prep for the new babies? So maybe you could just search "weaning" on the baby center and you'll probably get a lot of advice or opinions. Seems like no natter what your opinion is there are definitely both side to the spectrum! I saw a huge debate about how long to breastfeed and some people say 6 months (which seems SO short to me, babies need nutrition I think) and some breastfeed until their children start school at age 5!
ReplyDeleteAnyways, I finish my classes in about three weeks, and then I will have so much more free time and I would love to start seeing you more often! :)