my fit pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

22 pounds!

So David got weighed last week since he had a weird rash/bite on his right thumb. He was 22 pounds 2 ounces! I cannot believe how much he has changed recently. He has perfected his crawl and his army crawl is a thing of the past. He loves to follow people/animals around. We were at my friend Angela's house who has a friendly cat that would walk away from David and then just stop and lay down a couple feet away. David felt like this meant that he was supposed to keep chasing this poor cat and pull on it's long hair and tail. I guess the cat gets lots of it from Angela's 3 kids.
He's also pulling himself up on everything that sits just a little off the floor. He loves the entrainment center, the couch, and myself the most. Though he likes the glider, ottoman, and coffee table a lot too. We had to buy one of those fabric things that goes on the wood of crib. At first I thought he learned that running his fingers over the bars in his crib would make a noise. Then I listed a little closer one day and found out it was him chewing on the crib! So needless to say there are already bite marks, just didn't want to make them any worse then they already are.
He's also getting pretty good at eating finger foods. Though right now we are just doing those little puffs. We have also tried those Mum Mum crackers which he pretty much just destroyed, but doesn't eat that much of. LOL! For example today he was eating one and it some how ended up on his shoulder. I don't even know if he knew where it went.
David can say Mama! Though I have kind of just passed it off as babble, since he just randomly says it. But it's cute that he'll come up to you and sit down and put his arms out so you'll pick him up. He gives mommy and daddy the biggest smiles! He is so full of love.
Sleep is still really rocky. He's been getting up 3 times a night almost every night for a month or less now. I talked to his doctor about it who simply told me that he can sleep through the night, but that I also need to know what battles to fight and which ones to let themselves work out. So I am slowly night weaning him so that he'll stop waking up to eat. It's been going pretty well so far.
David is working on his two top teeth. The right one is getting pretty visible through his gums. Joe said today that it looked pretty sore. Poor kid. So with all that he's not sleeping very well at all. :(

1 comment:

  1. He is at a fun age right now. I love the little ones at this point. I look at my kids now and wonder if I will see that again in our house? Who knows.
    We miss you and wish we could see you guys more. I hate family being so far away. Give kisses to that big bundle of love for us.
    Micke

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

background