my fit pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Just the start

I guess to just give the background for those who may not know me well. My name is Brittany and my wonderful husband is named Joe. We have been married for just over a year and three months. We were married November 24, 2007 and were sealed in the Chicago temple November 25, 2008. We right now are just us, but we do plan on the whole family thing, me sooner than him. Joe leaves for basic training for the Navy on March 24th. I guess I'm just really scared of what the next 4 years or more will hold for us. Joe and I have been together for over 5 strait years now and never been apart from each other for more than 2 weeks. The longest we've gone without talking is 3 days and that's because we were in a bad fight. But besides that he's always been here. Granted there have been nights I went to bed alone, but who doesn't do that due to work and other things in life?
Currently I work for a commercial cleaning company called Service Master and I am a janitor. I like to joke that I get paid to clean toilets for 40 hours a week. Joe has already quite his job in preparation for his soon departure for the service. He was a retention specialist at Charter Communications. Basically he took phone calls from people who either wanted to cancel their service, had a problem with their bill, or wanted to see if they could get a lower rate. He hated his job soooo much! He started working there last April and trained for 6 weeks and after he was actually taking calls, he told me he got used to people swearing at him and people making threats against his life! Yikes! So he thought the stress was really affecting his military prep so he quite and at first I was really mad, but looking back at it, maybe it really was for the better after all. I think this blog will be suffice for an intro on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

background