my fit pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, May 22, 2009

As the signs of love fade.

As the signs of love fade you go back to where you were inishally. I don't like where I was inshally. As the fresh memories start to blur around the edges you start to wonder what exactly was real and just a wish. I want to keep those memories. As every passing day come and goes you are once again aware that you are alone. People keep living their lives and probably don't think about you even if you have them in your own thoughts. People can really suck sometimes. But as the time goes on you are once again reminded that you are getting older and some things will never be the same that they had been at one point.
So my dilema is that even if I prayed for something and now I don't know if I want it. Is it bad to not do something that you had gotten a "yes" answer to? Is that like denying the spirit when you don't follow the promtings that you had received through prayer? Because that's something I don't want, I just don't know if I still feel the same way I did about a situation that I did a month ago. WHAT DO I DO? I guess right now I will just keep thinking about it.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say something here. I love ya Brit, but I must admit that I don't know you that well. That's ok with me because I feel like I have time to get to know you, so that's cool.
    What's up? You are very literally asking for help on something but using some esoteric language to articulate your feelings (including "inishally"). Initially, that's cool as well because sometimes we really want to put ourselves out there and see if anyone else understands us and what we're going through. Been there done that. At this point though, you might have me a bit concerned. Give Kate or I a call this evening because we both care about you and hope you're doing ok. Actually better than ok, we hope you're doing very well. I am sure it is unbearably hard being apart from Joe right now with all the craziness going on around you, but be strong in your faith and what is right. If you want something to do, go to LDS.org and read the conference talk by President Monson entitled How Firm a Foundation (from the 2006 October General Conference), and then read his most recent conference address entitled Be of Good Cheer. If you are wondering if anyone understands you, yes Christ. Talk to him as well and then listen because I am sure he wants you to be of good cheer. Brit, you aren’t alone, we all love you and are praying for you regularly. Seriously, give us a call, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Tyler) Britt, I'm not gonna comment on the spelling this time, but it seems clear to me that you are in a similar place that I and many others go through. You use very general terms to describe emotions and feelings, which is a good thing. You seem really focused on what other people are or aren't providing for you and reflecting heavily on the negative in others. To be sad because you feel neglected is more a consequence of neglecting to serve others. The simple question to ask yourself is who have "I" lifted today, or what good things have "I" done? And not in a negative light, but in the light of who CAN I lift today and what good things CAN I do. If you make a simple list of good things you CAN do, of people you CAN help, you will find self pity and doubt cannot abide where selfless service is involved. We all love you, but we cannot do for you anything more than you can do for yourself. There are three kinds of people in the world. Those that make things happen, those that wait for things to happen, and those who wonder what happened. Be the first, make things happen, don't wait and don't wonder. PS. come down Ohio way on your way anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

background