So this last month has been really ruff on me. I have had some major in-law issues that caused me to stop talking calls in fear of being moved to tears from a few mean phrases. So that's been wonderfully horrible for me.
Also, like 3 sundays ago I went to Green Bay with 4 other church members to go see the Papinga's (he's a football player for the packers and a member of the church) and they gave a fireside about dating and relationships. I know it was for single adults, but i had nothing better to do and I offered my car to take it down. So it was nice to see what their views on dating were, but they were completely against dating in high school, which kinda offened me, but everything else they said was really good. It kind of sucked that we came in like 30 minutes late and had to go sit in the front row. We got a little lost getting there. So over all that was a nice exsperience, but coming home everything went all wrong.
So we couldn't find 41 South to head back to home, so we saw the sign for a back highway 151, so we figured as long as we knew where we were going that's all that mattered. So we didn't leave the fireside till after 9:15 or possibly a little later. So heading back on 151 we started hearing this really strange noise around 10ish and so we had to pull over to chech it out.
My brand new tired (well they were less than a month old) was completely flat! So Joey Prelwitz goes into total guy mode and gets all the stuff out to change the tire. So then when he got all that done we couldn't get the spair tire to drop from underneath the truck. I don't know if you have ever seen this, but there is a spair tire that sits underneath some cars and not inside of them and that's what the case is for my blazer. So the relase was stripped so we couldn't get a good enough grip to get it to drop, so we started to make calls. I called my mom not knowing what to do. Joey got the idea to call Brydon O'Hara from church, because he's a big car guy. So he called him and Brydon gave us a couple things to try, like having someone under the car to just try to pull the tire loose. Well that did nothing except make Joey all muddy. So we also had a guy stop and try to help us road side and we tired to cut the cable that holded the tire and that didn't work, because the cable was a little stronger than what we had.
Then we call Brydon again and he agrees to come out to us and try to help. He brought a spair tire and it was around 11:40 when he showed up. So we got to sit in the car waiting for him for about an hour. We were talking about all the scary movies that happen when you are in that kind of situaion, stranded on the side of the road. We should have tried to sleep, because we had 3 high school students and one who had to work at 5 in the morning. But it was nice to talk to eachother. Steven Feustel kept putting his head out the window, so I kept having to put the window lock on because I was afraid he was going to get his head hit by a passing car. The highway had like zero traffic, i think the whole time we were out there, there was less than 12 cars that passed by us. Did I also mention that is was raining and cold? It sucked!
So Brydon showed up around 11:40 and his spair that he brought didn't fit and he had that same goofy tired thing on his mini van and his fire would not drop down. So we made a trip to the local walmart in Chilton, which was about 7 miles away from where we were. The time was now a little after midnight, so it wasn't really sunday anymore, so we loaded up on soda and chips and stuff. I wish i would have bought some food, I just a soda and Sam Preter gave me some chips and Cassandra Sprague gave me some of her milk duds. Nothing like that to take away the hunger. So we got the patch stuff and headed back to the tired. We all waited in the mini van as Joey and Bradon worked on patching the tire.
So they got the tire patched and Sam and Joey wanted to ride back to town with me and Cassandra and Steven were going to stay in the van with Brydon. So once I got into the drivers side to try to turn the car on, the battery was dead! I always forget this part! So when Brydon showed up and he was working on the tire, the power locks kept locking themselves. While was waited for him, we had problems with the locks, because I kept trying to unlock the door after it was locked and nothing happened. Like i said we were talking about scary stories, so we locked the door when we got in, but we couldn't get them to unlock, because I think we wanted to get something from the back. So that was strange! So they were going crazy and my doom light kept going off and on also along with the locks!
So Brydon didn't have jumper cables so we went back to Walmart! We all sat in the car this time, but Brydon and Joey went in together. So we get that and get back to the car, it's probably now around 1:40, and of course my hood latch was broken, so you couldn't pop the hood. So then we called info and Brydon posed as Joe and said in a message for the police department that we would come back tomorrow to get it. So we figured problem solved.
So I get home around 2:30 and around 3 o'clock the Wapauka police department call me and tell me they never got the message, but also that the truck was to close to the road and was a road hazard and I had 2 hours to move it or they were going to tow it themselves. I was afraid it would get impounded or something like that. So the lady said I could make a few phone calls and I could get back to her. So I had Joe's dad call me because the police department called them first (I think it's because his licence address is still his parents) and he just wanted to make sure I was alright. I told him a quick story and then called my mom to ask her about towing stuff. I was really freaking out mind you, I have never had this many things go wrong in a day.
So I end up calling the police department and they reffered me to someone, so I called Scott's towing in Chilton and they got it for me and the I went to sleep after I wrote a letter to Joe about it and then the police department called again around 4:40 to make sure I had the car moved.
The next day was an early one trying to get out there to get the car from the towing place and get it to the shop. On the bright side I didn't have to pay for the tire replacement, because I had insurance on it and towing was only $126 and I was able to make it into work by 2.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
So Zoey's car seat has decided to become more and more a problem to me. Not only is Zoey around 20 pounds, but the handle broke so now ...
-
So on this Tuesday it started like any other Tuesday. I woke up showered made Joe lunch when he come home for his hour break and then went a...
-
When I hear the term broken heart I get this image of a teen aged girl who just had some loser dump her after just a few weeks of dating. T...
-
So I tried calorie counting for a day and to be honest I don't know if I could keep that up. Though simply writing down everything I at...
-
So I have a question. My husband only has like 10 months left of his enlistment. We are gonna try again for another baby (we just lost one i...
-
So I doubt anyone besides Kate (who might be my only reader left, haha) actually knows we are having a baby in April. May of you also might...
-
So wow it's been 5 months since I've last been here. Doesn't seem like I have been missed. David has gotten crazier than ever ...
-
So on April 9th I gave birth to my second baby! Zoey Marie Roberts was born at 4:15pm and came in at 8 pounds 11 ounces and 20 inches long....
-
So I must start off by saying I'm really impressed by how little I gained this pregnancy. I was told to say around 20, but did hit 26, ...
-
So really I just need something to do to distract me till Joe calls me back for the last time tonight before he goes to bed. I can honestly...


No comments:
Post a Comment