I know it's been awhile, but someone kindly reminded me to finish this.
So on Saturday we got some lunch on base and went swimming in the Gulf of Mexico! We weren't out there to long, because it was just to hot. I think we were out there for like an hour, maybe an hour and a half. I just liked walking the beach with Joe. That was the best part of it! We then met up with my brother Justin (yes he's down there too for the navy) around we all took a taxi out to the theater and since Transformers wasn't starting for another couple of hours we made our way to the mall. We walled the mall for awhile and then made our way to the theater to go see Transformers. Will all the walking I was super tired during the movie, but I still really really liked the movie. I cannot say which one I like the most, because I would have to re watch both of them back to back. So we then went back to base after the movie and we went our separate ways. Joe and myself watched a movie in our room. We watched the movie Knowing and Push, which we both fell asleep during Push, not because it was boring, but because we were tired.
So the next day we got up and ready for church, but it's of course down poring out! So we go to sign Justin out of his barracks (if you are going to be gone for over 3 hours you need someone to sign you out of the barracks) and we all got soaked making our way over to the chow hall. We went to the chow hall because that's where you can get picked up if anyone is going to give rides ( they don't always give out rides). So we are all standing there and this white jeep comes up and rolls down the window and is waving at us (but there are quite a few of us hanging out here) and I ask them if they know who it is and they both say no. So she waves at us a couple more times and then the missionaries call Justin and tell him that the person waving at us is our ride. LOL! So Joe goes up front and I sit in back with Justin.
Church was in this other church's building. I have no idea what kind, but the chapel was big and had stain glass and all that. So after sacrament meeting we go through what they call a donut room (a room where you actually can get donuts to eat during Sunday School) so we all get some donuts and make our way to class. So the visitors had to introduce themselves. So I go first and talk about how I'm Joe's wife and how we are from Wisconsin and stuff, but I completely forgot to mention I was Justin's sister. After words I felt really bad, but I'm just used to everyone knowing that we are siblings, but that's not how it was here. So I mentioned it in Relief Society and everyone was "Oh, isn't that funny that they are both here" which it is really funny!
After church a lot of us went over to the Missionaries apartment. The missionaries are a retired couple from Utah and they made a huge meal for all of us. It was so nice to talk with everyone. I was surprised that there was a lot of married guys without wives there. So I guess it made me feel better that Justin and Joe weren't alone in that fact.
So the rest of day was just spent together and enjoying each other's company. We did some walking of the beach and base, watched the rest of Push, and just relaxed indoors. While watching the movie we ordered pizza and worked on my laundry. That night Joe had to sleep in the barracks. So I was alone in the hotel room.
Monday I woke up early to get packing. I had to be out of the room by noon. When Joe had lunch he came by for alittle bit. So I left my stuff in the hotel and walked around outside for the next 2 hours. I actually had alittle bit of a tan because of this day. I did some reading and just enjoyed the beach. So I took some pictures of the Gulf and was just pondering my whole trip. Around 3 Joe and myself had 45 minutes to just talk before I left. I really had a lot of fun this trip. I'm getting used to leaving without Joe. I didn't cry at all this time. I'm actually very happy at that fact because the last 2 times (when he left home and his graduation weekend) I bawled like crazy.
It's pretty late, but I promise to post the pictures before the end of the week.
Another thing I competely forgot about!!!
So the second day I was there (Friday) I was just waiting for Joe to get his liberty call (that's when you know you can leave the barracks) in the hotel and the tolet won't flush. It wouldn't do anything at all! So I go down to the front deck and I tell them this and they tell me they will send up the matiance guy. So this guy comes up and he starts going to work. He then can't get it to anything so he calls someone else in the building to find out that they had turned off the water because of a plumming problem somewhere else in the buidling. The problem was the women i talked at the front deck and the matiance guy both just started their shift. So he tells me once the water comes back on he'll be back to check it. So he comes back (it actually flushed on it's own while he was gone) and he does a couple things and says it's all fixed. So get this! It was leaking from that day one. So the next morning (Saturday) the floor is all wet and I see the pipes dripping. So Joe and msyelf tell the front desk on our way out. So we figured it will be fixed. It still wasn't. So the next day (Sunday) the cleaning people must have said something about it because someone else came in to check it out. I'm not sure if it was still leaking Monday or not, but that's a little rediculus. So I got a servay when I got home from the hotel and I talked about the plumming stuff. And get this! They are going to refund me the cost of my whole stay. So I'm just waiting for my check for $188. So that's pretty cool! But there could have been more stuff I could have talked about on that survey, like the fact that I was supposed to have a couch and I didn't have one!
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
So Zoey's car seat has decided to become more and more a problem to me. Not only is Zoey around 20 pounds, but the handle broke so now ...
-
So on this Tuesday it started like any other Tuesday. I woke up showered made Joe lunch when he come home for his hour break and then went a...
-
When I hear the term broken heart I get this image of a teen aged girl who just had some loser dump her after just a few weeks of dating. T...
-
So I tried calorie counting for a day and to be honest I don't know if I could keep that up. Though simply writing down everything I at...
-
So I have a question. My husband only has like 10 months left of his enlistment. We are gonna try again for another baby (we just lost one i...
-
So I doubt anyone besides Kate (who might be my only reader left, haha) actually knows we are having a baby in April. May of you also might...
-
So wow it's been 5 months since I've last been here. Doesn't seem like I have been missed. David has gotten crazier than ever ...
-
So on April 9th I gave birth to my second baby! Zoey Marie Roberts was born at 4:15pm and came in at 8 pounds 11 ounces and 20 inches long....
-
So I must start off by saying I'm really impressed by how little I gained this pregnancy. I was told to say around 20, but did hit 26, ...
-
So really I just need something to do to distract me till Joe calls me back for the last time tonight before he goes to bed. I can honestly...


No comments:
Post a Comment