my fit pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Holy Spirit

It's already about quarter after 4 in the morning, but I have been thinking about this the last couple of days and if I don't write it now, it's going to have to wait some more. So there are many things that have brought those amazing feelings of the spirit into my life. I guess I just want to talk about them. I guess one of the first things there really was was Joe. I was only 16 when we started dating. Even though so many wrongs were made, I always knew there was a reason that I still needed him there. I had never prayed about marring him, because I already knew that it was meant to be.
But when we got sealed in the temple I really really knew. This man had been my all already for 5 years and having him able to take me to the temple was the best thing ever. I knew and still know with all my heart that Joseph Roberts was meant for me. Through all the wrongs we must have been doing something right, because here we now sit with are temple covenants and active members of the church.
One of the first times that we ever really had a firm answer to a prayer was when we fasted and prayed about Joe joining the service. At the time we didn't know which branch of service, but we prayed about it. Holy crap no one could have shaken the positive yes that we had felt. We knew without a doubt that Joe was supposed to be doing this. At the time I really didn't know what we were getting into, but the Lord knows all and I will not doubt him.
While Joe was in boot camp I really started to get "baby fever" and wanted to know it this was meant to be. So I just prayed about it. I had this overwhelming calming sensation. It was an amazing feeling, but then when I had told Joe about it and we started really thinking about it I freaked out. I think I freaked people out with my blogs that involved me freaking out. I got scared that if I didn't try this even though I had gotten an answer that I was doing wrong. But I am past that and Joe and I are back to wanting a baby. We are excited and have are fingers crossed for next weekend! I'm so excited to see him!

2 comments:

  1. Awe! Britt this is such a nice blog! Yeah!

    The picture at the top is a little big... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting! Best of luck- and don't worry too much! Average conception takes about 6 months of trying! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

background