my fit pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Power of Prayer

So I was just thinking about this today and yesterday about the many things that I have asked in prayers. Granted they don't always come when you really want them, but in due time they do come. I remember fasting a praying about the military and knowing for sure that was something that we were supposed to do. I remember praying about children and know that was something we should try for. I remember praying again about a baby after the miscarriage. Living on base has been something we've been praying for since we moved here. But I wish it would have come sooner than it really did. We have had so many mishaps that we could have avoided if we could have lived on base from the get go. Also we had mishaps that could not have been avoided no matter where we were living. So now as we prepare for our move on base (which all we have to do is go through our stuff because the military will pack and move us) I'm a little sad to leave such a wonderful ward that has done nothing but great stuff for us. But I also feel like that was something I had prayed for.
Just a small example of the wonderfulness of this ward was the relief society president made sure I knew who she was that first Sunday I was there. Also took down my information. She then called me later on that week to ask if I had a baby shower to make sure that I had had one already. She also told me she had some baby clothes from one of her daughters that I could have if I wanted it. She also made sure that we had meals sent in after we had David. She also joined us when we blessed David. I love Sister Brown and all the wonderful things she has done for my family. We also have a great bishop and really nice visiting teachers.
So I'm so happy to get on base, but am a little sad to leave such a wonderful ward behind. We'll actually be going back to our previous ward and don't get me wrong, it's a really nice ward, but it's huge! It's one of those wards that it's easy to get passed by just because there are a huge amount of other people. But maybe it'll be different now since we'll be returning to the same people we once were among and things will be different. I guess I can just pray that it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

background