So David is now 15 weeks old! Crazy! He's flipped from back to stomach in his crib on Sunday and Tonight. I was able to have him without a swaddle tonight without him completely freaking out. He usually would attack his face with his hands and keep himself up! But tonight I was sick of always having to swaddle him since I have recently read that you shouldn't swaddle after 3 or 4 months because it can cause hip damage. So since Sunday or Monday I've just been swaddle his arms, but he kept waking up with the blanket dangerously close to his face! So tonight I wasn't going to risk it anymore. So since he's been moving more in his crib no matter how I put him in he always seems like his face is almost in the bumper pad, so tonight while he was sleeping I took it out because this week I've become super nervous about sids for some reason. Maybe because David has been turning onto his side to sleep, but if you try to move him back to his back it wakes him up! I already made that mistake once, so I figured the lesser of two evils was to just take out the pad. David is talking and smiling so much with mommy and daddy! We truly love it. David also has a favorite toy, but I think I'll blog about that another time.
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
So on this Tuesday it started like any other Tuesday. I woke up showered made Joe lunch when he come home for his hour break and then went a...
-
So Zoey's car seat has decided to become more and more a problem to me. Not only is Zoey around 20 pounds, but the handle broke so now ...
-
When I hear the term broken heart I get this image of a teen aged girl who just had some loser dump her after just a few weeks of dating. T...
-
So I doubt anyone besides Kate (who might be my only reader left, haha) actually knows we are having a baby in April. May of you also might...
-
So I have a question. My husband only has like 10 months left of his enlistment. We are gonna try again for another baby (we just lost one i...
-
So I tried calorie counting for a day and to be honest I don't know if I could keep that up. Though simply writing down everything I at...
-
So wow it's been 5 months since I've last been here. Doesn't seem like I have been missed. David has gotten crazier than ever ...
-
So on April 9th I gave birth to my second baby! Zoey Marie Roberts was born at 4:15pm and came in at 8 pounds 11 ounces and 20 inches long....
-
So really I just need something to do to distract me till Joe calls me back for the last time tonight before he goes to bed. I can honestly...
-
So I must start off by saying I'm really impressed by how little I gained this pregnancy. I was told to say around 20, but did hit 26, ...


Hip damage? I think that's weird. We swaddled our girls for a long time, even though they wiggled out of it in the night. Sometimes it was scary when the blanket would be over them or their face, but they were always fine. The thing to remember to calm your SIDS fear is that if he can roll over by himself, then he's strong enough to lift his head to breath properly on his belly. I know we got to a point where once they learned to roll to their belly we couldn't STOP them from rolling onto their bellies at night, even though Lisa would wake up frustrated because she wanted to roll back but couldn't figure it out in the middle of the night! LOL
ReplyDelete