My friend Amy is the girl who if you have any baby related question she is the one to turn to since she seems to read every study/baby related thing out there. Well she was telling me that when a kid hits 35 inches that it's safest to just switch them out of a crib for safety reasons. So when I heard that I guess my mind was made. David had already hit over 33 inches at his 1 year at his well baby check up and I know he's even taller now.
So I guess it wouldn't bother me much except now I'm almost in a panic every night just worried he's gonna get out and hurt himself. So now I'm checking on him every night which is something I stopped doing since his door makes noise when it's opened. My heart stops when the door opens because I'm in this big panic I'm gonna find him lying on the floor.
So yeah I'm ready for that toddler bed. It'll either be this weekend or next since I kind of feel like it's a two man deal and Joe is gone most of the day with his work schedule. I ordered a bunch of baby stuff online and it's just a wait and see if they come in tomorrow or Monday. So it's a wait and see on that.
So that's my reasoning for wanting to switch.


Hope the toddler bed transition goes well. I am a little nervous to make the transition so Lincoln is still in a crib. Good luck! You have such a cute boy, Brittany!
ReplyDeleteHoping it goes well for you! My son was in his crib until he was 4 because he never tried to climb out. The twins were a different story! They climbed out of their cribs when they were 11 months old so we got them into a regular bed pretty early.
ReplyDeleteOnly advice I can give is make sure his room is well baby-proofed because he will most likely wander and not want to stay in bed in the beginning. We had the twins on a queen sized mattress on the floor so I could go in there and nurse or lie down with them until they fell asleep. It really helped to make the transition easier. Also, a baby gate in his room's doorway keeps them safe in their room without having to have the door closed. Those are my tips! Good Luck!
Camille