my fit pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, December 7, 2012

Better late then never

So on Monday we got some exciting news!  We are having a girl!  Though I'm still struggling with having a different sex of kid since I felt so sure it was a boy I'm getting pretty nervous and excited about doing something different.  So now I'm kind of like "what now?"  I'm trying to get clothes together.  A good friend of mine already gave me some old clothes of her daughters and I went through some of David's old clothes to see what I could reuse for a girl.  For some reason clothes is my biggest concern.  Since I already have a crib, a changing table, hangers, toys, and that kind of thing.  I don't feel like I have the space to start hording diapers.  So clothes it is.  lol
Well as time passes I know there are a few things that will have to be gotten.  Since storage is a pain here we had sold some of David's big items.  We will need a new swing and a little tub.  But those are easy to come by.  But now I'm all crazy about looking at double strollers.  I really want one since David still rides in his for walks and stuff.  I'm not sure which way to go.  If I want a side by side, a front and back, or a sit and stand.  Too many choices!  Plus the prices are all over the place for all 3.  So now I'm stuck.  Also a problem I feel like we'll be running into with that is that we have a Eddie Bauer car seat that I don't know will fit a lot of car seat adapters.  So then I'm worried about having to get a new seat.  Uh!  So frustrating and I still have a lot of time to go.  lol  So I hit 21 weeks in about 30 minutes.  :) 
So for Thanksgiving we made a huge trip to Suisun California.  My brother Taylor, his wife Jessie and daughter Addison are stationed at Travis AFB.  We got to see San Francisco, Holly Wood, Fairview, Alcatraz Island (where we got to see the prison) and we stayed in Vegas two nights on the way out.  We had great eats (my sister-in-law and brother are a mean team in the kitchen), lots of laughs, and played lots of games!  Oh how I love games with my family.  Though the one we kept playing wow I can't think of the name off hand my sister in law Jessie hated it but put up with it since we were there.  We had lots of late nights talk over a game and enjoyed the nice weather.  Oh we also got to go to a Jelly Belly Factory where Joe bought 10 pounds of belly flops.  A belly flop is a reject jelly belly.  They have very high standards for their products and this stuff didn't make the cut.  We have tons left yet.  I don't like fishing through it in the dark because I always seem to get something that tastes gross.  They were great for having us for over a week and I couldn't have asked for a better time.  But now we have decided if it takes longer than 18 hours to drive we are flying.  I think if we would have gone strait with no stops it's like 26 hours to my brother's house.  Way to long! 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize you did so much on your trip! You need to take more pictures! It sounds awesome :) I don't know what you're so nervous about. You've done everything before. Now you just me to remember to wipe front to back, haha! You probably don't need to worry about the stroller just yet. You won't be going on walks for a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

background