my fit pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, January 11, 2010

The crazy Squirrel

Ok minus the camera, the squirrels down here are really red compared to the ones back home which are mostly grey. So we have a bank of mail boxes in the middle of the apartment complex which you have to walk through a small court yard and past another row of apartments to get to. We live on the outside of the complex. So going to get the mail today I was thinking how nice the weather was. I felt comfortable in my sweat shirt and didn't need to add anything else to feel any warmer. It was nice! So coming back to the court yard our apartment sits in is this little squirrel. It starts to follow me. I get freaked out by it because all I can think about is what happens if you get rabies and are pregnant and I was scared! So I'm trying to shoo it away with my mail, but it just keeps looking at my mail like it's something I'm going to feed it. So I keep telling it to go away and it won't listen. I start to feel dumb because I'm talking to a squirrel and now I think I'm like my mom for yelling at squirrels. LOL! Anyways... So I figure it won't follow me up the stairs that are outside the apartment (we live on the second floor, but all the hall ways are out doors), but I was wrong it followed me up to the door of my apartment! So I'm afraid it's going to just follow me in! So I try to get him pushed back a little and then I make my way quickly in. But honestly I have never had anything like that happen to me ever! If I wasn't pregnant, I probably would have tried to pet it, because honestly It was less than a foot from me like the whole time. It was crazy! We'll see if I see that guy again. Jeez!

2 comments:

  1. That's so crazy! It surprised me too how much I worried about the baby as soon as I was pregnant.
    You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! You're just like mom! Talking to squirrels. Though this reminds me of a time when I had a scary encounter with a squirrel in our backyard, but I think your story wins. Take care of yourself down there Britt.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

background