my fit pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

39 Weeks.and Christmas

So my camera battery died so photos will just have to be posted later. So any who I had my appointment today and it went well. I am still doing good and my blood pressure is doing better also which is good. So I'm still only dilated to a 2. Nothing really has changed. I had some contractions yesterday (more like just being crazy crappy from 2am till like 10 or 11am), but then it went away. So I'm pretty sure I'm still in this till next week. I am still on schedule for being induced on the 5th which is crazy because that's a week from tomorrow!!! So we are all set to go for a baby when ever he comes. My bags are packed (which I have a quick question about did you pack anything in the bags for daddy? Joe doesn't seem to think I should put his stuff in there but I think I should), our room is ready and all we have to do is to put the car seat in the car and we're golden. So I'm just getting excited. All we really need yet is still a crib but we are still trying to figure that all out. Joe has a co-worker who would even just give us their old crib, but I really really want to by a new one though I understand money and all that, but man how long will our kid be in this crib for who knows maybe until he moves out (since we want to get a convertible crib). So we are trying to just trying to work all that out.
So Christmas was pretty quiet for the most part. Joe was pretty sick with a head cold and I let him sleep in a couple hours after me getting up. I made pull apart bread for our breakfast. So we ate that and opened gifts. Joe gave me a pretty charm bracelet with 3 charms. One saying the word Mother, another one had a baby foot print, and the last one had a stone that looked like the birth stone garnet (which is January's birth stone). He also got me one of those baby birth stone necklaces that the charm has bead arms and legs and a birth stone belly, also in garnet. I got Joe a table top fuse ball table (it's a mini thing), I got him a pj set because I thought it would be nice for him to have some nice lounge clothes for when the baby comes. and a ginger bread shirt that says "Oh Snap" since the gingerbread's leg is broken.
Our friend Becca came over and we hung out for a little bit and then her and I headed to our friend Angela for Christmas dinner. Joe stayed home since he wasn't feeling up for going out. So it was just us girls going. At Angela's house she had her husband and their 2 girls and also her friend Michelle with her husband and their 2 boys. So it was a nice little meal and then we headed home. I brought Joe a plate of food for Joe and Becca headed home. Oh my gosh I completely forgot that we got Becca a package of Elf Cookies (she loves those thing) since I figured she could use the pick me up since her husband is deployed right now.
The rest of mine and Joe's Christmas was really relaxed. We just enjoyed being here together and alone. So we had a good Christmas, just wish Joe had felt better that day. But imagine next year will be extra special for us since David will be here.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you guys as parents! So much to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your house isn't too far away from the hospital or if Joe is planning on making a few trips to your house while you're staying at the hospital, I wouldn't worry too much about packing stuff for him. We really like our convertible crib, but I would have bought a non-convertible crib if I found one that I liked for a cheaper price than what we paid for our convertible crib. For us, I think we'll need to use the crib again for another baby when Nathan grows out of the crib setting. You can always just borrow Joe's co-worker's crib to use for a little while to see what you like and don't like about it. Then you can always go and pick out a crib whenever it's convenient for you guys. If you're planning on letting David sleep in the pack n play until he outgrows it, I don't think you have to be in too big of a hurry to buy a crib. Nathan's 8 months old, weighs almost 20 pounds, and is 27.5 inches and he sleeps in a pack n play with the basinett setting just great (I do know it says not to use the basinett setting after the baby weighs 15 pounds, but Nathan screams himself to sleep every time we set him in the pack n play without the raised basinett setting). I know that probably makes me sound like a horrible mother that i'm going against safety regulations, but he's not mobile at all yet so i know he can't climb out of it). Anyways, totally just my opinion and you definitely don't have to listen to any of it! I know I was always a little bit miffed when I was pregnant and people kept on telling me what to do in certain situations after the baby came.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

background