my fit pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010

So I was thinking about going through month by month of last year and give a small summery of it. It's funny because a friend of mine beat me to it and I felt like I was going to be early on this one. :)
January - Joe got his motorcycle stolen from outside our apartment. We also had a huge amount of snow and it was cold! My parents dog that they had since I was 12 passed away. I got to see my cousin Nick and his family the first time in about 6 years.

February - I lost my pregnancy at 12 weeks and had to have major surgery that went along with it. Joe got his motorcycle back after it was in a high speed chase. Joe and I got to see the comedian Gabriel Iglasius. We had an end to our 3 worst Tuesdays of our lives.

March - I turned 23! We went out to our fanciest dinner with just us two to celebrate it. He also took me to a go kart racing place that was super fun! I might insist we go there again this year. :) I started counseling for grief. It was either the end of this month or beginning of the next where I started to help my friend Amy plant a garden of flowers and various plants that all died due to to much heat and bad soil.

April - Joe turned 24 and we went out to a family fun center to celebrate it. My sister Kate had her beautiful twin girls the day after. We went to Utah the end of the month to see the girl's baby blessings and to spend time with my family and amazing friend Alexis. We also got to see one of the missionaries (and his wife) that helped teach Joe the new member discussions.

May - We returned from our trip from Utah. I stopped counseling since I was feeling better. Joe started to work 12 hour night shifts where he was there from 5pm to 6am. This is also the time I found out I was pregnant again. Actually found that out while in Utah. Joe's aunt died the end of this month and we were able to go home to her funeral.

June - We had the fire to our apartment building.

July - I was in the car accident with my friend Becca. The worst part about it was I had just announced my pregnancy not much before this. I think I was only 15 weeks at the time of the accident. I started to feel my first flutters this month. My friend Andrea had us go out to her mom's house to light off fire works since you can't light them off in the city.

August - Went to the Oklahoma City Zoo for the first time with my friend Angela and her two daughters. It was probably in the 90's that day! It was so hot! We found out we were having a baby boy. I went to Colorado Springs with my friend Meagan so she could look at places to live and the local college campus. It was fun to have a girl trip for 4 days. My due date for Little Mac happened this month. I was a DD for my friend Becca when she got her tooth pulled. It was super funny and fun. She was pretty loopy and the morning of that is when I found out about the baby and she insisted that she had to buy me my first boy outfit, even though she wasn't all with it that day. :) We were offered a place on base but turned it down due to size.
Also it was in the 100's or above pretty much the whole month!

September - Joe and I went to the Oklahoma City Museum together. My water heater had it's whole smoking incident where the fire department had to come. I got another ultra sound and found out our baby was still a boy. We decided on the name of David for the baby. We also bought our Eddie Bauer Travel System this month. My friend Meagan and her husband Sam moved to Colorado Springs. That was hard and still is! I miss you Meagan!

October - So we went to Wisconsin for some family time and so my friend Katie and Chia could throw me a baby shower. I had my glucose test which was normal. We got our maternity/family photos taken while in Wisconsin. The end of this month is when we moved out to Moore from Midwest City to live with Joe's co-worker Jeff and his two dogs. My favorite uncle died this month from cancer.

November - Joe and I hit our 7 year dating anniversary and our 3 year married Anniversary. My friend Meagan drove back from Colorado Springs to throw me a baby shower!!! My friend Angela had us over for Thanksgiving. Joe and I got some good black Friday deals. We started going to the Moore ward even though at first I wanted to stay in Midwest City.

December - Joe got a root canal done and also had a major cold. Poor guy! Our records were transferred to our new ward and had the missionaries stop by to meet us. We had all the carpet removed, except for one bedroom and the closets and had to restart the whole organizing process from scratch. We also started a huge buying spree to get the last minute baby stuff we needed and to get ready for the baby. My friend Angela had my friend Becca and I over for Christmas (since Joe wasn't feeling well).

Overall this year had some majorly sucky things happen and some really good stuff happen. I just pray for a better beginning to next year and pray it's not at all like this years beginning.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you too, sweetheart. I was wondering if I was going to get a mention in the summary! LOL. I love you doll, and I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

background