my fit pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, May 23, 2011

Saturday

So this last Saturday I went to the Oklahoma Home Front Baby Shower. It was a military based program for women who have had babies in the last year or were pregnant now. It was so much fun! We got lots of free stuff, prizes, food, and lots of good information. It was a little sad that babies were not allowed, so I had to leave David home with Daddy. But a day on my own is pretty refreshing.
The down side of Saturday David refused to eat for about 7 hours! He would not take his bottle at all so I'm guessing him and Daddy didn't have a very good day at all. So now I'm wondering how on earth Joe and I will ever have a date night in the next couple of months if we can't get David to take a bottle. I guess when he's more on solids we could, but I'm just worried that something will happen where I won't be able to be with David all the time. For instance a friend of mine back home had gall stones and had to be in the hospital for a week. So I hope that it never does happen. Yikes!
So I know I'm late in the game for bottle training, but how can I go about doing it? We've tried 3 different kinds of bottles/nipples. We both tried feeding him and nothing worked. We did try that Breastfeeding bottle that's supposed to be the closes thing to the real thing and nothing. Sigh! I'm thinking part of the reason we are having such a hard time is because David always seemed to hate pacifiers so it's kind of like the same boat.

1 comment:

  1. When you try the bottles do you hold him the same as when you breastfeed? Or maybe he needs to be fed at a completely different angle... He'll get it soon enough. He won't be latched on to you forever!! I hope, haha... Some women do breastfeed until 3 or 4 years... I don't know why, but they must be at least a little insane...

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

background