Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Friendship
So I'm not sure why but when it comes to friends I always kind of feel like I'm the one holding it together or the one who's left holding the bag. Imagine if you will how on facebook and you have the relationship status, mine would be the one who says in a friendship even though that friend is no where to be found. I know this might sound odd to you, but maybe I'm just one of those who feels like I put so much into certain friendships and when I can't get them to even return a phone call after several attempts it really hurts and bothers me. Maybe that's just how friendship are to end. When you realize that these people really don't care to hear from you anymore so they just stop doing anything at all. But I don't really know. I have friends who I don't talk to much, but when I do talk to them we can pick up where we have left off even if it's been awhile. Then there are others since we might not live in the same place or see each other much it just seems really strained. I guess it kind of bothers me when that happens. Since one of my very best friendships has been with a girl who we haven't lived in the same place for about 13 years and we are still best buds. So you might be wondering why on earth I'm rambling on and on about this, but this was one of my new years goals. To forget those who have forgotten me. And you might think this seems really easy, like as easy and just turning a page in a book, but to me it's not that simple. I have a lot of friends that I truly love and it really makes me sad that I don't ever hear from them, or even ever get a word out to them. So that's why it's a goal, because it really is a hard thing for me to do and I'm trying to move forward instead of backwards or sideways. I think part of this makes it so hard since friends come in and out of your lives so fast in the military. You don't really get to settle in to much before certain people move away. I truly miss many friends who are no longer here. So might never have that great of a bond again, But know that I think of you all a lot and just hope you have the best you can have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
So Zoey's car seat has decided to become more and more a problem to me. Not only is Zoey around 20 pounds, but the handle broke so now ...
-
So on this Tuesday it started like any other Tuesday. I woke up showered made Joe lunch when he come home for his hour break and then went a...
-
When I hear the term broken heart I get this image of a teen aged girl who just had some loser dump her after just a few weeks of dating. T...
-
So I tried calorie counting for a day and to be honest I don't know if I could keep that up. Though simply writing down everything I at...
-
So I have a question. My husband only has like 10 months left of his enlistment. We are gonna try again for another baby (we just lost one i...
-
So I doubt anyone besides Kate (who might be my only reader left, haha) actually knows we are having a baby in April. May of you also might...
-
So wow it's been 5 months since I've last been here. Doesn't seem like I have been missed. David has gotten crazier than ever ...
-
So on April 9th I gave birth to my second baby! Zoey Marie Roberts was born at 4:15pm and came in at 8 pounds 11 ounces and 20 inches long....
-
So I must start off by saying I'm really impressed by how little I gained this pregnancy. I was told to say around 20, but did hit 26, ...
-
So really I just need something to do to distract me till Joe calls me back for the last time tonight before he goes to bed. I can honestly...


Not to put you on the spot, but I've felt the exact same about you :P I haven't tried to call you in a while, but I know that the times I did, you were understandably busy. New things come up in people's lives that distract them from old friendships. Just roll with the changes. If you do stop talking to someone for good, don't think of it as losing a friend. That person was in your life for a reason, and made it more interesting for a while! And you never know, you might start talking again years from now and it'll be like nothing happened!
ReplyDelete