my fit pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, November 30, 2009

First week in the apartment

So I got down here on a week ago Saturday, but we didn't actually move into the apartment till Monday, because Joe still had credit to stay in the on base hotel (which was really nice by the way) and the fact that we had to buy an air mattress or something to sleep on and we had to get some other things too.
So on the 21st we actually signed the lease for are apartment and figured since nothing was in it we'd do that move in inspection before we started moving stuff in here. There was actually lot of things that we had to write down. From stains in the carpets to cracks in the tile around the bathtubs. So when that was all said and down we turned it in and started to move the stuff that I did bring in. We also did some shopping and ate out a lot that first week.
So we had laundry to do on like Tuesday so i pulled out the knob on the washer (the one that makes the water start) and it wasn't even attached! It came right off! So we had to go to main office to get that fixed. And the guy had to come back again because he needed to get a part that he didn't have when he first came.
We also had them replace the shower heads with the ones that detach and have a hose that run them, because the shower heads were really low! Like they wouldn't even reach my 5'9 head imagine Joe's 6'4 head! So they had their maintance guy do it and he broke one of the new shower heads! So we are still waiting on that.
They had to replace the lock on the mail box because there was something wrong with it and we couldn't open the box to get are mail. Then on Wednesday of last week I was doing a load of wash (we were able to pull out the little nub of where the dial sits on to still wash are clothes) and after it was done I hear this dripping noise. I go into the bathroom where the washer and drier are and am looking at the washer, because I'm convinced that's what's leaking and I see nothing and the shower and the sink aren't dripping either. I look at the little hot water heater and the little side valve is pouring out water! i'm freaking out because for 1 thing we don't have a big enough container to catch the water (because are stuff is still in wisconsin) and we don't really know who to call. So i make Joe go play with the water and I'm looking at the lease for a mataince number it's a pager number so I call it and start running for the management building they call back before I get the building so they come in a fix it.
But jeez that's in the first week of living here. What else could go wrong?!? I still like the apartment but on base housing keeps sounding better and better to me. At least that stuff is a lot newer than this.
Also, did I mention that every floor has carpet on it? Even the kitchen and the bathrooms. I'll post pictures when we get are stuff, but until then just try to picture it. It's a nice place and I don't mind living here, just can't stand everything breaking all the time!

1 comment:

  1. Bummer. And weird that there's so much carpeting. I hope nothing else major goes wrong for your sake.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

background