my fit pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

GPS


So I have never driven to Oklahoma and I have never driven over 2 hours in a car in one direction by myself before driving down here. So the whole experience was just alittle crazy! So I've been thinking about it. I drove down with a gps and to be honest I don't have any idea how I would be able to have done it without it. So for those who ever haven't used one of these, it doesn't give you a big picture it just goes from turn to turn maybe to not over whelm you or something like that, but what ever the reason I tried to connect it with something else in my life. The Holy Spirit.
It leads you without you truly knowing where you are going, but shows you how to get there and you follow it because you know it's the right thing to do. And if for some reason even though through it's gental voice (actually it can sound like a crazy robot sometimes, but sometimes it's ok) it tells you the way to get back on the right road that you want to be on. So it makes me want to think I need to listen a little harder sometimes. But I try and if I do get lost I know that I will always be able to find my way back to where I need to be.

2 comments:

  1. Alright... You're analogy can be turned around. Are you sure it's the spirit guiding you? Who's to say that other roads aren't good? Great? Interesting? Fullfilling? Normally a GPS gives you the directions to get somewhere fastest. Sooo, what are you racing to? Death? If you take that less beaten path and take your time to experience things, your own way, life could be just as good, if not better. But if you wanna think of it your way, that's cool :) You like GPS's and I don't. I prefer paper maps and the sun, moon and stars. I never really use directions! Haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this analogy Britt. I like that you mentioned that it can help you get back on track if you do make a wrong turn (and sometimes annoyingly so). And I think following a GPS is exercising some faith as well. You don't know how the little screen knows, but it does! And you trust it that it won't lead you down the wrong path.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

background