So I have been really trying to make some friends lately and to be honest I think it's finally working. So I have made a friend with a girl named Meagan. She's part of both worlds like me! She's a member of the church and a military spouse. I have met a couple of other women like this, but they all seem to have kids!!! Don't get me wrong I hope you all know how much I love kids. With my big family there are a lot of kids to get used to. It's just really hard when you have a miscarriage and you are hanging around with either someone who is pregnant or who have kids because all they talk about is being pregnant or their kids. Both not a good thing for someone who is hurting. So Meagan is a newly wed and doesn't have any kids yet, so it's just perfect for me! Plus the fact that she's my age and we have a lot in common has really made us some really good friends! I think we both had that void of needed friendship and we just really worked out for both of us! It's so nice to really start getting that friend who you can just go shopping with for fun or to go to lunch or movies with! I really have missed that!
There are also the Pierces who are also a newly wed couple from church. They are super fun. Andrea is Joe's age (so a year older than me) and Jon is 27. So it's fun because they are just fun people. We have been hanging out with them once a week for 3 weeks now. It's been fun. We kind of just do a group date. The first two weeks were at my place. The first time was just the 4 of us and a made dinner and we did rock band. Second time Andrea cooked and we added to the group. We gained Natalie and Aaron who are newly engaged. All of them from church. And this week we went to Aaron's for bbq! So who knows how long this will last but I like it.
And then there are just plain military wives. They are really cool and all, but some of them just seem so clicky! It's hard to feel welcomed in. I went to one of the million actives they seem to do all the time and I didn't feel very welcomed at all! I even stayed a long time just in hopes it would get better. I guess maybe it was just the environment. Ok picture this if you will, but a full living room/dinning room full of a close to 20 women and around 15 kids. And no one really talking to me, but this one girl who isn't even military! I'm not sure why she was there, but she was one of those who just talked and wanted you to listen type of girls. SO yeah it was not what I expected, because I get invited to this crap all the time, but nothing ever seems to happen. They just seem to friendly until you get into the same room with them, so it stinks.
As of right now I think I'll just focus on the church people. And maybe I'll look to the military wives, as a whole sometimes soon! I guess there are military wives out there that I really do like but that's really as a one on one thing and not a whole big bunch. So here's to my budding friend ships that they bloom into something wonderful! :)
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
So Zoey's car seat has decided to become more and more a problem to me. Not only is Zoey around 20 pounds, but the handle broke so now ...
-
So on this Tuesday it started like any other Tuesday. I woke up showered made Joe lunch when he come home for his hour break and then went a...
-
When I hear the term broken heart I get this image of a teen aged girl who just had some loser dump her after just a few weeks of dating. T...
-
So I tried calorie counting for a day and to be honest I don't know if I could keep that up. Though simply writing down everything I at...
-
So I have a question. My husband only has like 10 months left of his enlistment. We are gonna try again for another baby (we just lost one i...
-
So I doubt anyone besides Kate (who might be my only reader left, haha) actually knows we are having a baby in April. May of you also might...
-
So wow it's been 5 months since I've last been here. Doesn't seem like I have been missed. David has gotten crazier than ever ...
-
So on April 9th I gave birth to my second baby! Zoey Marie Roberts was born at 4:15pm and came in at 8 pounds 11 ounces and 20 inches long....
-
So I must start off by saying I'm really impressed by how little I gained this pregnancy. I was told to say around 20, but did hit 26, ...
-
So really I just need something to do to distract me till Joe calls me back for the last time tonight before he goes to bed. I can honestly...


Sweet! I'm glad you're making friends! It's so important! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! I'm glad I started making friends too! I have so much fun with our "dates"! Hope Joe doesn't get too jealous!
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you are find other couples who are like you. That is like finding a family with the same number of kids who are the same ages. Having people who are like you always makes things fun.
ReplyDeleteI remember those days!! I know I've told you numerous times how annoying it was when everyone would just talk about babies and kids... Puke. It made me not want to have children! That's not the case for you thank goodness! I didn't really notice horrible cliques amongst military wives. There were some that were friends with each other and they just bitched about everyone else. I think I met two women who weren't like that, and we're still friends. I still talk to them at least :) Yay! 2 friends in 1 1/2 years. What a track record, but I don't really like hanging out with girls anyways.
ReplyDelete