Nipple vs. Pacifier
So David doesn't really like pacifiers. He'll take one very seldom and when he does it's for a really short time. So I'm wondering if I should buy more pacifiers to see if I can find one that he likes or to simply just say "I'm done" and leave it the way it is. He was given two different pacifiers in the hospital (I'm guessing because he didn't really like either) and we were given about 3 or 4 different kinds as shower presents and he doesn't like any of them. He'll take a soothie the most and that's like maybe once out of 10 to 15 tries.
The pros with pacifiers is that he can have something to suck on besides my nipple all the time (which I know sometimes I have to offer him it sometimes even though I know he isn't hungry and just wants to fullfil the need to suck). I guess it's just the late night fussiness that gets to me and it would be so easy to just give him a pacifier and put him back to bed, but I can't do that.
So my question is do you keep looking at different pacifiers or just accept your going to have a boob man? LOL! Plus he doesn't really have the hang of sucking on his hand or anything for comfort yet so somethings it's really long and hard to get him to be ok.
Friday, February 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
So Zoey's car seat has decided to become more and more a problem to me. Not only is Zoey around 20 pounds, but the handle broke so now ...
-
So on this Tuesday it started like any other Tuesday. I woke up showered made Joe lunch when he come home for his hour break and then went a...
-
When I hear the term broken heart I get this image of a teen aged girl who just had some loser dump her after just a few weeks of dating. T...
-
So I tried calorie counting for a day and to be honest I don't know if I could keep that up. Though simply writing down everything I at...
-
So I have a question. My husband only has like 10 months left of his enlistment. We are gonna try again for another baby (we just lost one i...
-
So I doubt anyone besides Kate (who might be my only reader left, haha) actually knows we are having a baby in April. May of you also might...
-
So wow it's been 5 months since I've last been here. Doesn't seem like I have been missed. David has gotten crazier than ever ...
-
So on April 9th I gave birth to my second baby! Zoey Marie Roberts was born at 4:15pm and came in at 8 pounds 11 ounces and 20 inches long....
-
So I must start off by saying I'm really impressed by how little I gained this pregnancy. I was told to say around 20, but did hit 26, ...
-
So really I just need something to do to distract me till Joe calls me back for the last time tonight before he goes to bed. I can honestly...


Britt, YOU are not meant to be his pacifier. It's exhausting, and not teaching him how to soothe himself and be able to fall asleep (I know he's still a newborn so he can't do that quite yet but it will be VERY important in a few months) but it a good idea to start routines and good habits from the start. I know Alison didn't care much for pacifiers, but I did have the good fortune that she sucked on her hands. Sometimes I would hold a pacifier in place until they would accept it, which can be really difficult, but sometimes that's all they needed. Or offer a finger or your hand or even his hand. Ha. Also, the pacifiers our girls have liked are the Soothies and Nuks.
ReplyDeleteNathan has never really taken any pacifiers; he would usually just spit them out. I did have to nurse him to sleep when he was a newborn, but that cycle is hard to break! He did eventually find his fingers to chew on and he still chews on his fingers all the time! Sorry i'm not too helpful. Good luck!
ReplyDelete