So on Friday we got a call that another place had opened up on base. It was a renovated 2 bedroom which was something that we were waiting for. We got to see it on Tuesday (because of the holiday on Monday) and we had to give them an answer the same day.
So we racked our brains trying to figure out if it's worth it or not. There was probably more cons and pros, but I'm getting to the point I want out of this house! Between my roommate using my kitchen stuff all the time and me having to clean it (because he never does), having his dogs chew up my stuff (haven't had to many incidents, but enough were I'm mad), the new girl friend and her 15 month old son and her small dog and have that on top of our roommates 2 other dogs who seem be here every weekend (though the son wasn't here last weekend but she was). Don't get me wrong I love kids, just not kids who are let loose in someone elses home and then moves stuff around and makes it near impossible to find.
Also the never ending list of stuff our roommate says he's going to do. The entire time we've lived here the living room has been two different colors because he is to lazy to get a ladder here to finish it. Also we kept talking about removing the carpet and then he finally gets it done after we wanted to start setting up for the baby so everything had to be moved off the floors. And now the floors don't look that great in the living room because his dogs and their muddy feet. Also if anything is to be done you have to be constantly reminding! Which is very annoying! Well one last thing. When we got our carpet redid we put all the pulled out carpet in the back of his pick up truck. It sat in the drive way sooo long that someone reported it as an eye sore and he had to be move it before it got fined. So instead of taking care of it he shoved the truck in the garage and now we can't do anything with our stuff out there because our stuff is piled so high and there's a truck in there. How dumb is that! Oy!
So I'm happy to move into the new place. Granted it might have been better to wait, but I'm happy to get out of here and to have my own space again. David will finally be set up in his own room (which the girlfriend's kid was taking it). So wish us luck with the new place. It'll be nice to live so close to a safe park on base and to people I know.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
So Zoey's car seat has decided to become more and more a problem to me. Not only is Zoey around 20 pounds, but the handle broke so now ...
-
So on this Tuesday it started like any other Tuesday. I woke up showered made Joe lunch when he come home for his hour break and then went a...
-
When I hear the term broken heart I get this image of a teen aged girl who just had some loser dump her after just a few weeks of dating. T...
-
So I tried calorie counting for a day and to be honest I don't know if I could keep that up. Though simply writing down everything I at...
-
So I have a question. My husband only has like 10 months left of his enlistment. We are gonna try again for another baby (we just lost one i...
-
So I doubt anyone besides Kate (who might be my only reader left, haha) actually knows we are having a baby in April. May of you also might...
-
So wow it's been 5 months since I've last been here. Doesn't seem like I have been missed. David has gotten crazier than ever ...
-
So on April 9th I gave birth to my second baby! Zoey Marie Roberts was born at 4:15pm and came in at 8 pounds 11 ounces and 20 inches long....
-
So I must start off by saying I'm really impressed by how little I gained this pregnancy. I was told to say around 20, but did hit 26, ...
-
So really I just need something to do to distract me till Joe calls me back for the last time tonight before he goes to bed. I can honestly...


Sounds like it was the right choice!
ReplyDeleteThats exciting!!
ReplyDeleteYour post brings back so many horrible memories about living with roommates!! Aaaah! Don't ever do it again! Good luck with the move! When are you going to be able to move in?
ReplyDeleteWe move the 18th of March
ReplyDelete