So I know this is sounding grim already, but I just want to put my thoughts out there. So all of you should know by now I miscarried my first baby 3 months ago yesterday. Still hurts, but it's going to be that way for awhile.
Today I got news that a friend from church lost her baby last night. He was 10 days old. I guess he choked during breast feeding and when he stopped sucking her hubby and her just thought he was done eating. So her hubby flipped on the light and the baby was already turning blue. They called 911 and the paramedics worked on the little guy for an hour and a half, but nothing helped. He was gone.
So I went and saw this lady today. I brought her flowers and chocolate. She was saying to me what is harder, having a baby die or miscarry it? And I've been kind of thinking about it since. It bothers me that i never got to hold my baby, kiss it, or really know it. But she has all this stuff that is a constant reminder of her baby. So I guess it's hard either way, but for different reasons.
What also bothers me is that a miscarriage is something that doesn't really get acknowledged like a death, even though it is a death of something that could have been. They ended up cancelling a relief society activity in respect for it, which is understandable. But what do you get with a miscarriage? Nothing really. There is no body to do anything else. There is no grave, there is no real closure.
And death you know you have a body to bury. A place to visit where you know your baby is at rest. A name.
Ok I'm done.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
So Zoey's car seat has decided to become more and more a problem to me. Not only is Zoey around 20 pounds, but the handle broke so now ...
-
So on this Tuesday it started like any other Tuesday. I woke up showered made Joe lunch when he come home for his hour break and then went a...
-
When I hear the term broken heart I get this image of a teen aged girl who just had some loser dump her after just a few weeks of dating. T...
-
So I tried calorie counting for a day and to be honest I don't know if I could keep that up. Though simply writing down everything I at...
-
So I have a question. My husband only has like 10 months left of his enlistment. We are gonna try again for another baby (we just lost one i...
-
So I doubt anyone besides Kate (who might be my only reader left, haha) actually knows we are having a baby in April. May of you also might...
-
So wow it's been 5 months since I've last been here. Doesn't seem like I have been missed. David has gotten crazier than ever ...
-
So on April 9th I gave birth to my second baby! Zoey Marie Roberts was born at 4:15pm and came in at 8 pounds 11 ounces and 20 inches long....
-
So I must start off by saying I'm really impressed by how little I gained this pregnancy. I was told to say around 20, but did hit 26, ...
-
So really I just need something to do to distract me till Joe calls me back for the last time tonight before he goes to bed. I can honestly...


No one said you can't name it and have something special for you. I miscarried between Ben and Jack. We didn't get a chance to name it but we still think about that baby and expect to see it again. If you need make your own little plague or name your baby. Yes, it is your baby. It was really and you need to make it really for you. I love you.
ReplyDeleteI've miscarried twice. It's very difficult and sometimes you have to grieve for that baby. BUT having kids, I can tell you there is no fear bigger in my life than losing one of them. I can't even begin to imagine, nor do I want to try. But both are very hard.
ReplyDeleteAllow yourself to grieve and mourn the loss. Because it IS a loss. {hug}