my fit pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, March 28, 2009

2 Minute Call and a Dead Man's Box

So on Tuesday Joe made a 2 minute call to possibly me because if he called me I had no signal and he didn't leave a message and he called his parents who had their phone off. All he said when he left a message for them was "goodbye." So the one phone call he gets for only 2 minutes and no idea when he will get again to call again and he got to talk to no one! I feel so bad. I just wanted to tell him that I was proud of him and that I love him so much, because I don't know if I if I told him I loved him right as he was leaving. Even though I know he must know with all his heart that I do love him. I miss him!
So Micke warned me about getting a box of the clothes that my brother was wearing (even his underwear) and it was all put in a box. So when she got her box she said it was really creepy like he was dead. So we started to call it "the dead man's box." I got my box in the mail today. I was hoping there was going to be a note or something, but all there was was the writing of the address (which Joe wrote) on the outside of the box.
I was talking to my friend Chia this week and she said something that completely took me by surprise. Her and I lived together for about 6 months before I got married. She and I got really close, we even shared a bedroom. Her husband was overseas for the Marines so I helped her through many of hard times. She said I was very independent. Well any ways she was saying how I am able to handle myself without the need of others. It made me feel good that people think I can really handle myself. I guess I don't really know how it's to be not needed. I like helping people in any way I can. I guess I don't like the idea of needing someone else's help. I think that most of my time this week I have spent either in the store or sitting alone at home or at work. I haven't really had to much contact with people. I have not made my usual huge amount of phone calls and I guess I have kept to myself.
One of this that I used to tell him was that he was my guardian angel because when we first met I was really depressed. He was the one thing that was able to bring me back to my normal self again. He has always been my shining star! So what happens when the shine from that star starts to fade? I am worried that something bad will happen when my mind gets to wonder all the time without Joe to keep my mind focused. People need to help me and I got to get over my fear of asking for help.

3 comments:

  1. Brit:
    We all go through it. We (military wives) think about that. Our sweetest now have a job that puts them in risk more then they ever were. It's a thought that we don't like but it is there. I think that is what made the "Dead Man's Box" harder for me. My first thought was "Is this what it is like to get all of their things when they aren't coming home?"
    I have come to peace with it as best I can. If it is his time then there is nothing we can do. We just make sure that the time we have we use it wisely. I know I would miss him and all, but there is nothing that we can do to stop Heavenly Father.
    You will make your peace with it.
    I love you...Sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So does Joe not get to keep his garments?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No he didn't even take his garments because he knew they were just going to be sending them back.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

background