So we have gotten a crazy amount of stuff this past week and some days in the time we've been home. My shower was good and got so many clothes!!! So I'm still sorting through all that stuff because some of it was used and not sure if I'm going to keep it all because of space and the fact that I'm not over thrilled with the fact of having so much used stuff if I'm not going to want to use it.
So with that said it bring me to question if it's really that bad to want new stuff? Like Joe's brother gave us a swing and jumper and I'm not sure if I'm overly thrilled with the idea of having used stuff. Like I know they mean well to give it to us, but is it wrong of me to want soemthing that I picked out and is new so my baby/kids are the only ones to use it? I also had a women offer me a crib that was used by her son at an awesome price, but I don't really want it. I want the crib that I had picked out even though it's $100 more than what the lady is asking. So I was thinking the 3 biggest things that I want new is a crib, swing, and my pack and play. And that's about it. So the only problem is that those 3 things alone take me around $450. Which I didn't get hardly any money at the shower which I was hoping for and who knows what the next shower will hold. But the bright side is that if I keep using my debit card a lot I get points that I can use toward baby r us gift cards. :) So we'll see what happens.
Friday, October 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
So on this Tuesday it started like any other Tuesday. I woke up showered made Joe lunch when he come home for his hour break and then went a...
-
So Zoey's car seat has decided to become more and more a problem to me. Not only is Zoey around 20 pounds, but the handle broke so now ...
-
When I hear the term broken heart I get this image of a teen aged girl who just had some loser dump her after just a few weeks of dating. T...
-
So I have a question. My husband only has like 10 months left of his enlistment. We are gonna try again for another baby (we just lost one i...
-
So I doubt anyone besides Kate (who might be my only reader left, haha) actually knows we are having a baby in April. May of you also might...
-
So I tried calorie counting for a day and to be honest I don't know if I could keep that up. Though simply writing down everything I at...
-
So wow it's been 5 months since I've last been here. Doesn't seem like I have been missed. David has gotten crazier than ever ...
-
So on April 9th I gave birth to my second baby! Zoey Marie Roberts was born at 4:15pm and came in at 8 pounds 11 ounces and 20 inches long....
-
So really I just need something to do to distract me till Joe calls me back for the last time tonight before he goes to bed. I can honestly...
-
So I must start off by saying I'm really impressed by how little I gained this pregnancy. I was told to say around 20, but did hit 26, ...


There is nothing wrong with wanting new stuff especialy your first child!
ReplyDeleteI think every parent wants only new stuff for their baby, because we want only the best for our kids, but you need to be realistic, and let some things go. I would never say no to second-hand clothes because kids grow so fast! You bought the one thing that should be new already--the car seat. We have both a used and new crib for our girls, and the used one is better than the one we bought! I wouldn't be so picky about toys and play-things like swings though. But with any "baby gear" that you get used, I would check to make sure it hasn't been recalled.
ReplyDeleteIf you have the money for stuff that you really want, than get what you want, but remember the expenses keep coming once baby comes, so spend wisely.