So today I was looking at some wedding pictures and to be honest it made me think back. I know your probably thinking I have only been married a little over a little a year and half, but my journey with Joe starts more than just a couple of years before we said are "I do's."
Joe and I started dating November 14, 2003. I was only 16 and he was 17. I was dealing with some serious personal issues (depression) when Joe came along and I always thought he was my guardian angel to be able to bring me out of the bad I was dealing with. Before Joe I was a pretty straight flier when it came to life and church standards. Joe and myself caused a lot of trials for ourselves, but looking back I think we were supposed to hit those big stumbling blocks to realise what we really wanted. All I ever wanted from him was to join the church. That was one of the biggest trials we went through. He didn't want to join and we would have screaming matches over it sometimes. One day he decided it was time. He was 20 when he started the lessons and was 21 when he got baptised.
Funny story on Joe's 21st birthday I did an Easter egg hunt for him for him. In the Easter eggs where puzzle pieces that when he put them together it said "will you marry me Joe????" Of course he said yes. We were married roughly 7 months later, but only planed it 2 and a half months before we walked down the aisle. We had a civil marriage for a couple of reasons the biggest one was that Joe was not a member for a year when we got married. We were married November 24, 2007. Exactly 4 years and 10 days after we started dating.
So Marriage has been my greatest blessing. There is nothing like sharing your body and soul with another person who you love so much. I love that man more and more. I would love him more if I could see once in awhile. LOL! He has been my strength, my guidance, and my inspiration when things are just going all wrong.
In church I have been in the Primary for over a year now. I teach the sun beams/ctr 5's. These are great kids. The size of the class has fluctuated a lot in that last year. I think there was like 8 or 9 in there when I first got called. Then there was around 12 for a little while. Now we are at 9 of the usual people. When I first got called I thought the class with my sister-in-law Andrea and then after she left is when they actually split the class into two different classes for a little while and then when that teacher left I got the whole group! I have had a rather large group (anywhere for like 6 to 12) by myself for over 6 months now. This last Sunday they assigned another teacher for the class. I am excited. Granted this women has a kid in my class and a couple other in older groups in primary, but it's nice to have an adult to be around closely when you are in primary. This calling has been my greatest blessing. I love how happy kids can get over a simple coloring project. I also love this kids and will be sad when it comes time to leave.
So to be honest I am very nervous about moving. I have never lived out of state before. I am also very nervous about being pregnant away from home. I have almost this over whelming fear of having Joe on a ship when I go into labor. Granted if that happened that would be steps to be taken before that point, but it really just freaks me out. I am also kind of freaked out by the idea of possibly being in a huge ward that I will be easily over looked. I love getting my home teachers and visiting teachers over. That is some of my most favorite stuff. I have had good ones and bad ones. I just need to be noticed, and a huge ward doesn't seem to offer that for me.
I guess looking to the future (though I probably will revisit this in a later blog) I am excited, scared, and nervous about what the future holds. I have no doubt that the choices we have made are right. We have prayed a lot about the choices of the navy and children. Sometimes things don't make sense to us now, but I know it's the right thing to do. Who knows where life will take us next, but as long as I have the spirit and Joe with me I know I can do anything!
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
So Zoey's car seat has decided to become more and more a problem to me. Not only is Zoey around 20 pounds, but the handle broke so now ...
-
So on this Tuesday it started like any other Tuesday. I woke up showered made Joe lunch when he come home for his hour break and then went a...
-
When I hear the term broken heart I get this image of a teen aged girl who just had some loser dump her after just a few weeks of dating. T...
-
So I tried calorie counting for a day and to be honest I don't know if I could keep that up. Though simply writing down everything I at...
-
So I have a question. My husband only has like 10 months left of his enlistment. We are gonna try again for another baby (we just lost one i...
-
So I doubt anyone besides Kate (who might be my only reader left, haha) actually knows we are having a baby in April. May of you also might...
-
So wow it's been 5 months since I've last been here. Doesn't seem like I have been missed. David has gotten crazier than ever ...
-
So on April 9th I gave birth to my second baby! Zoey Marie Roberts was born at 4:15pm and came in at 8 pounds 11 ounces and 20 inches long....
-
So I must start off by saying I'm really impressed by how little I gained this pregnancy. I was told to say around 20, but did hit 26, ...
-
So really I just need something to do to distract me till Joe calls me back for the last time tonight before he goes to bed. I can honestly...


Awe! Yes! Britt you CAN do anything! And big wards aren't scary, nor is living out of Wisconsin! I've been doing those things for 3 years now. You just have to be pro-active and make friends. Being in a married ward now, my advice is to invite couples/families over for a movie, game, dinner, or an FHE. Try to become good friends with those you and Joe home and visit teach. We're the closest with our visit and home teachers (granted they're married ha ha ha). But, it's been great. Just take some courage and talk to whoever you sit by in RS or whatever, and ask for a calling. And you'll have friends at work too! People like you Britt; you're very easy to get along with.
ReplyDeleteOkay, that was a ramble, but I love you and am so glad that you have Joe.