So we were offered a two bedroom duplex on base on Monday. We drove past it and the outside looks nice. We get to look at a place (not the place we would move in) but a place that is the same size and everything on Thursday and we'll make our choice then. We also got an offer to move into a house with one of Joe's co-workers. So we are just trying to figure out what's the best choice. I kind of like the idea of being on base just because of the convince of being close to Joe's work and that it will be so much easier to take Joe to work to get the car. If we moved into the house it would be out of town, we'd have to switch wards and I like our ward. But the house we'd only be paying like $300ish a month which we would be banking a much because of how much we get in BAH (base allowance housing). So we'd be making about $500 a month!
So we've also been looking at ways to save. We so far have cut back on our cell phone plan. We did have data on our phones which we cut out to save about $30 a month. We are just hoping for a place big enough to move all our stuff out of the storage unit. If we move on base we can cancel our renters insurance because they have their own on base. So it's all up in the air. I just don't know what to do or how we'll like the place. I guess I'll let you know what goes on when Thursday rolls around.
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
So Zoey's car seat has decided to become more and more a problem to me. Not only is Zoey around 20 pounds, but the handle broke so now ...
-
So on this Tuesday it started like any other Tuesday. I woke up showered made Joe lunch when he come home for his hour break and then went a...
-
When I hear the term broken heart I get this image of a teen aged girl who just had some loser dump her after just a few weeks of dating. T...
-
So I tried calorie counting for a day and to be honest I don't know if I could keep that up. Though simply writing down everything I at...
-
So I have a question. My husband only has like 10 months left of his enlistment. We are gonna try again for another baby (we just lost one i...
-
So I doubt anyone besides Kate (who might be my only reader left, haha) actually knows we are having a baby in April. May of you also might...
-
So wow it's been 5 months since I've last been here. Doesn't seem like I have been missed. David has gotten crazier than ever ...
-
So on April 9th I gave birth to my second baby! Zoey Marie Roberts was born at 4:15pm and came in at 8 pounds 11 ounces and 20 inches long....
-
So I must start off by saying I'm really impressed by how little I gained this pregnancy. I was told to say around 20, but did hit 26, ...
-
So really I just need something to do to distract me till Joe calls me back for the last time tonight before he goes to bed. I can honestly...


Housing is a bear, and so are finances. Good luck. But, just remember to do what is best for you and Joe and the little babe! And switching wards isn't the worst thing that could happen. You still have friends from that wards, and I'm sure you'd make new ones, cause you're really good at making friends. Love you!
ReplyDeleteI agree with your sister....You just need to sit down and really way the pros and cons.
ReplyDelete